BCA and FELA
In 2001, Brent Coon undertook the development of a new type of law firm, specifically crafted to handling complex litigation. With anchoring offices in 10 cities around the country and associated counsel in numerous other states, Brent created the epitome of the 21st century law firm.
BCA places a special emphasis on representing union workers due to our exclusive agreements with numerous labor organizations.
Brent Coon & Associates is proud to work with members of all unions. As the longtime official counsel of the United Steelworkers and the Helicopter Pilots Union, BCA understands and respects the work that unions do for their members across all industries.
BCA’s team of FELA attorneys have collectively tried or settled hundreds of cases resulting in tens of millions of dollars for our clients. Our attorneys fight for your rights and know what it takes to win –and win big! Below are but a few examples of the types of cases BCA has handled.
- Jury verdict of $978k for a brakeman who was injured riding point on a cut of cars into a dark rail yard at night. Brakeman was thrown from the car and injured his back.
- Settlement of $750k for an engineer who was injured in route when the engineering chair broke. The internal crew had failed to properly inspect the chair.
- Settlement of $728k for a brakeman who was injured when a ladder on the car failed causing the brakeman to fall backwards.
- Settlement of $500k for a Maintenance of Way worker when a derail device failed causing the worker to be run over by the highrail.
- Confidential settlement for a roundhouse worker who was run over by a car. The car’s electric engine failed causing the car to roll and smash the worker against another car.
- Case against DOW Chemical in which a worker was smashed between two cars due to insufficient clearance. The worker required 25 surgeries on his lower body and is now wheelchair-bound. Accident occurred in May of 2010. The case is pending.
Brent Coon & Associates provides legal assistance and guidance for injured railroad employees. Our attorneys have successfully represented hundreds of railroad workers. You may be entitled to compensation for medical expenses, pain and suffering, disability, and loss of earnings.
Contact the offices of Brent Coon & Associates for assistance. Protecting your legal rights and holding negligent parties responsible is our #1 goal.